Monday, October 17, 2011

Untitled...

I have been thinking a lot about life and how precious it truly is...

Today in one of my classes we watched part of  "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch which is what had me thinking about how precious life is... (Incredible video/book if you have not seen or read it I suggest you do)

I have been thinking about how every person has been put in my life for a reason. I thank the Lord every day for the wonderful people I have been blessed with to have in life.

All growing up I have tried to always remember to tell the people that mean the most that I love them. Even if it was a five minute phone call I would always tell them I loved them. The reason I did this was because I never knew when I would see them again. It has always been something really important to me.

Not only am I grateful for the wonderful people in my life...

I am so grateful for the gospel of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

I honestly do not know what I would do if I did not have it in my life.

I know that when trials are thrown our way or  when we lose someone close to us in life. If we turn to the Lord he will comfort us and help us over come these trials we might be facing. I am a strong believer in the power of prayer and how he really does listen and answer our prayers. Even if they are not answered immediately I know that he will answer them. I know that the Lord knows everyone individually and loves us.

When I am faced with a trial (s) in life not only do I turn to the Lord, but I remember this poem:

There is never a day so dreary,
but god can make it bright.
And unto the soul that trusts him,
he giveth songs in the night.
There is never a path so hidden,
but god can lead the way.
If we seek for the spirits guidance,
and patiently wait and pray.

There is never a cross so heavy,
but the nail-scarred hands are there.
Outstretched in tender compassion,
the burden to help us bear.

There is never a life so darkened.
So hopeless and unblessed.
But maybe filled with the light of god.
And enter his promised rest.
There is never a sin or sorrow,
there is never a care or loss.
But that we may bring to jesus .
And leave at the foot of the cross

-- Anonymous 

I wrote this post for those who maybe going through a rough time. I wrote this post to express my love for the gospel and to testify how it has changed my life.

Dream as if you'll live forever.  Live as if you'll die today.  ~James Dean

2 comments:

  1. Hayley,
    You write THE best posts ever! This made me think about the quote, "People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
    When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person."
    You never know why the person comes into your life...so enjoy the moments you have with them. I sometimes regret some of the people I have let into my life, but some of those people brought the best times into my life.
    Thank you for posting!!
    Love, Tori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my dear niece, love you

    ReplyDelete